A Tradition of Inspiration
Pioneers in Craft Distilling in Penticton, BC since 2005, Jorg and Anette Engel from Maple Leaf Spirits are proud to offer award winning spirits and liqueurs handcrafted from Okanagan grown fruit, grapes and wine. We distill fine spirits from wine and lees following the European tradition of making grappa, tresterbrand and marc.
Taste a fine V.S.O.P. wine brandy, the "Lady of the Cask", aged in oak barrels since 2010.
Our fruit liqueurs celebrate fresh sun ripened Okanagan fruit, and are great as a lovely sweet treat or to enhance your dessert or cocktail. We invite you to visit our tasting room on the Naramata Bench and look forward to welcoming you.
We offer tours in English, German or French.
Our tasting room is open until October 11,
daily 11 – 6 pm, Sundays & Mondays 1 – 5pm
and by appointment.
You can reach us at
or email us at anette@MapleLeafSpirits.ca
We have great news to share!
At the 8th annual Sip Northwest's Best of the Northwest Spirits Competition in Seattle, our products again showed that they are of outstanding quality:
Double Gold went again to our wine brandy "Lady of the Cask", distilled in 2010. She also got the Double Gold award in 2017!
Silver in the category of dessert liqueur went to our 2019 Maple Liqueur
Judges's Pick in the category of Brandy went to our Skinny Pinot Noir (Grappa-style distilled in 2006)
In spring 2019, our distillery won another 5 awards!
at the Canadian Artisan Spirit Competition in Vancouver.
We got Gold for our Lady of the Cask, the Kirsch and Cherry Liqueur.
Silver went to the Pear Williams and Bronze to our Maple Liqueur.
Products currently available are:
V.S.O.P brandy "Lady of the Cask" – Gold at the CASC 2019
(aged in oak since 2010)
- Cherry Liqueur – Gold at the CASC 2019
- Canadian Kirsch – cherry spirit – Gold at the CASC 2019 – (fruit brandy) used for real Black Forest Cake, Cheese Fondu and Christmas baking
- Pear Williams (digestive spirit, apres-ski) – Silver at the CASC 2019
- Maple Liqueur – Bronze at the CASC 2019 – sorry, currently sold out!
- Peach Liqueur – new edition 2019
- Pear Liqueur – September sunshine in a bottle
- Skinny Gewürztraminer: mediterranian style digestif, unique must have if you like a fine grappa, marc, tresterbrand, …only few bottles left!
- Skinny Pinot Noir: for grappa-enthousiasts and friends of traditional Italian or Mediterranean cuisine. Distilled in 2006, Spirit of the Year 2008 at the International Spirits Competition "Destillata" in Austria.
more to come soon!